DAYANG ATHIRAH'S OFFICIAL BLOG

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Road Not Taken



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler , long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other , as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was too grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh , I kept the first for another day !
Yet knowing how way leads on that way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
To roads diverged in a wood , and I -
I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference

Written by : Robert Frost
____________________________________________________________________

Synopsis :
The poem is about the choices that people have to make in life . The question of making choices is not easy because we have to choose the best from many choices available . The choice that we finally make can change our life for better or for worse . However , we have to accept the consequences of the choice that we make .

In the poem , the persona comes upon two paths . He doesnt know which road to choose . He tries to look over one of the roads to see where it leads . He takes some time to think over , and finally chooses the road that is less traveled by people. He hopes that he has make the right choice .

____________________________________________________________________

I re-write this poem is because I think it suits me . I have to make a choice that I think it is quite difficult for me to make . I may have been thinking for quite some time but I still cant decide which is the best . I need more time to think . I dont wanna make any mistakes in this .

No comments:

Post a Comment